Saturday, April 3, 2010

Canary Islands: No. 20 with the PRC-320

Yesterday I made another QSO with the Canary Islands and I have already received the eQSL. It was a QSO on the 20m band with EA8DO (Manolo) from the island of La Palma, also known as La Isla Bonita. I got a signal report of 59.
This makes the 20th entity confirmed by eQSL so I am closer now to my 25-country target. Here you can see the video of the so much awaited QSO that would provide me with the new DXCC entity confirmation:

La Palma, like the other islands of the Canary Island archipelago, is a volcanic ocean island. The volcano rises almost 7 km (4 mi) above the floor of the Atlantic Ocean. There is road access from sea level to the summit at 2,423 m (7,949 ft), which is marked by an outcrop of rocks called Los Muchachos ("The Lads"). This is the site of the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory, one of the world's premier astronomical observatories.

No comments:

Post a Comment