Monday, November 30, 2009

Missouri from a car park (AB0RJ)

Yesterday I had a quick QSO with Miles (AB0RJ) from Missouri, USA, on the 17m band with my long whip antenna while I was waiting on a car park. Although the signal was strong, the noise level was equally strong so I had to keep the QSO as short as possible. Last night I received his eQSL card, which has a really cool design. Miles, thanks for the qso and hope to see you soon with better conditions.
I have also been in contact with Bob (WB2ICQ), who sold me the stainless spring and quick disconnects that I use with my antenna, because we would like to set a sked for a CW QSO on 40m. That would be a great opportunity to test his rain gutter antenna and my recently acquired antenna parts (including my Yaesu FC-40 auto tuner).

No comments:

Post a Comment