Saturday, February 6, 2010

From Denmark into Space (OZ2SPACE)

Saturday was a good day with the PRC-320. I made three QSOs. One with the Danish special event station OZ2SPACE. This callsign is a contribution to our friends in the local Danish rocket and space project called Copenhagen Suborbitals. If you want to see more about what they do you can visit http://www.copenhagensuborbitals.com/.
In short, it is a group of experts and hobby persons working for free! to make a space limit rocket and space ship to launch a person into space. This group have now tested rocket motors in all sizes and are now ready for full size ground test and flight this summer.
Then I made a very interesting QSO with Riccardo (IZ1GDB) from Torino, who was operating with 100W into a vertical antenna. He told me he had also operated portable as EH5FL, activating a Spanish lighthouse with some fellow hams. He also put me on the cluster, which allowed me to make a quick qso with the German station DL6SRD.

What Riccardo didn't tell me but I found out later is that he was also active as YO8/IZ1GDB from Borlesti, in the the Moldova region of Romania. You can see him on teh above video. That's funny because I was also active as YO8/EC1CW a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment