Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Operation as AN1CW

Yesterday I started operating as AN1CW. The use of special prefixes AM, AN and AO has been allowed to Spanish radio amateurs from 12 to 31 July in celebration of the Spanish victory at the FIFA World Cup that took place in South Africa.
My first QSO was on the 20m band with German station DL6SDI/P, who was operating from his father's (DL5PR, SK) QTH in Altenkirchen, near Cologne. Dieter was using an IC706Mk2 with a 3-element tri-band beam.
Today I also made a QSO with Portuguese station CT1EHI (operator: Marcos) from Faro. I don't have this country confirmed on eQSL yet, but I think I'll have to wait because Marcos doesn't use the system very much. It is funny that after 70 countries confirmed I still haven't got Portugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment